Fall 2020 Academic Checklist
As we prepare for the start of classes on Monday, August 17th, here are some resources to make sure that you are prepared for your first day of class! We are doing our best, and will continue to make sure that we are all practicing Social Distancing Guidelines. Additional information on the precautions taken connected to COVID, can be accessed through the accessing the Colonel Comeback Plan.
Book Vouchers are available on August 5: Directions can be accessed using the Request My Book Voucher link.
To order your textbooks, use the following link: Barnes & Noble Textbook Ordering . You can pick them up when you arrive to campus!
EKU ID CARD
Your Colonel Card serves as your official EKU ID and is used for services on campus like meal plans, building access, student athletic tickets, class attendance, Colonel Cash, optional FLEX dollars, and as a library card. Keep it with you at all times. If you can, please upload a photo so that your ID can be ready when you arrive to campus. If you are not able to upload a photo, you can take a photo upon your arrival to campus. Directions can be accessed using this link: How to Submit Your ID Photo
Blackboard is a virtual resource provided for all students and instructors as a tool to enhance learning.A Blackboard site is made for every class at EKU with instructors and students automatically enrolled. Additional Blackboard information can be accessed using the following link: Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions
Your Blackboard Login is the same username (everything before the @ symbol) and password you use for your EKU Email.
If you have a smartphone, and app download capability, you can download the FREE Blackboard App! This can be used as an additional resource to keep up with your academics. When your professor provides an update, you will be notified immediately. No need to wait for an email notification, but if you are like me, you will want the email notification too. JDon’t worry, that will be there also. For directions, click the following link: Blackboard App : How To Setup
1. Go to EKU Direct Login and log in with your EKU ID number and your new PIN number.
2. Select "Personal Information" and then "Activate Student Email Account."
3. Agree to the code of ethics and select "Activate" at the bottom of the screen.
To check your email, you will do the following:
1. Go to https://mymail.eku.edu/ and click on “Login to myMail”.
2. Go to “Options” and set up your e-mail signature. Your email signature should have your First/Last Name. You can also include your EKU ID number.
· Do you have some additional questions about your Major or Minor? Using this link will get you information about your programs of study!
Understanding My Term Bill
All term bill needs will be handled through Student Accounting Services (Whitlock Building 210). They are available by phone at 859.622.1232 or by email at email@example.com. You term bill will be available for viewing Friday, August 7 via EKU Direct. If you have questions about your term bill, please inquire. We are here to help.
· Students should complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA to apply for financial aid for the Fall 2020 semester. Go to www.fafsa.gov to complete your FAFSA today. Be sure to include EKU’s school code – 001963.
· You can also complete your FAFSA on your mobile phone. Click a link below to download the app.
· Android: Google Play
· iPhone : Apple App Store
***You may still complete your FAFSA even if you have NOT filed taxes. After filing, sign into your FAFSA and UPDATE your tax information by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
· This is an interactive learning experience that promotes the retention of all students, with particular focus on minority students. It is designed to provide first year students with the information, encouragement and direction they need in order to navigate college life and reach their academic, personal, and professional goals at Eastern Kentucky University. The Academy connects first-year students with their fellow classmates, and introduces them to EKU faculty, staff and student leaders who will provide on-going support throughout their college career at EKU and beyond.
· Student Life & First-Year Experience is to enhance the quality of life of Eastern Kentucky University students by supporting the University's commitment to the academic success and holistic development of every Colonel. Students that are interested in Community Service, Greek Life, and Student Organizations find a lot of great information here!
Tutoring (A resource available to you at no additional cost)
· Student Success Center is designed to serve as a one-stop-shop where students can get assistance with an array of areas like course work, financial aid, study skills, choosing a major, course registration, stress management, and much more.
· This is a bilingual resource that is in place for your tutoring needs!
The EKU Counseling Center is committed to the promotion and celebration of diversity in all of its forms. We seek to provide a safe, welcoming, and affirming environment for all persons that seek our services-our doors are open to ALL CURRENTLY ENROLLED EKU STUDENTS!
Counseling services are provided at no cost for students who are eligible. These services are confidential as delineated by Kentucky State Law and American Psychological Association (APA) Code of Ethics.
The Center for Student Accessibility collaborates with you, your medical or mental health professional, faculty, staff, and the EKU campus at large. This team approach is used to ensure you receive the reasonable accommodations you are entitled to under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Check out the OMSA website and enjoy discussions about the importance of multicultural representation and intentional diversity. In addition to our website, stay connected with us on Instagram and Facebook .
If you develop any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call.